Cast Drawing: Michelangelo!
Number of Lessons: 1
6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
This second session of Cast drawing is dedicated to one of my favorite masterpieces: Michelangelo’s crouching boy.
I have copied this many times and I always use it in my Cast Drawing-light on form classes at the New York Academy of Art.
Join me, Thursday, February 3rd for a session dedicated to this delightful subject.
- Graphite pencils in H, HB, B, 2B, 4B gradations
- Charcoal sticks in medium, soft and extra soft gradations. My favorite brand is Nitram, but you can use any charcoal brand you are used to. Do not use willow charcoal because it is too weak for our purposes.
- Compressed charcoal pencils in medium, soft and extra soft gradation, General’s is a very good and cheap brand
- White chalk in pencils and or sticks.
- Paper: a pad of Strathmore Drawing series 400 in Vellum finish, at least 11”by 14”, a pad of Strathmore Charcoal paper ln white
- We will discuss other types of paper in class.
- Kneaded eraser, pencil sharpener, sand paper, other tools and materials will be discussed in class.